Friday, February 09, 2007

This kid is really a toddler now

This kid really is a toddler now. He is walking like crazy! I can't believe it! What happened to my cuddly little newborn? My baby is gone and now I have a child. We actually walked together a lot today while we were waiting for a friend to meet us at a coffeeshop. We just walked up and down the sidewalk, and each person that we passed smiled at us as Malcolm toddled along on one of the first spring like days in Portland this year.

Have I mentioned I absolutely can not wait for summer-fun times in the park and in and by large bodies of water. We need to get the Bunyolis to the ocean again, and I have to find some way to do more camping with Boo.

If you can hear me God-please send us spring so this toddler and I can play! Thank you. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Malcolm,

Oh my! You are walking everywhere? You don't know yet how we celebrate your accomplishments and sort of grieve the loss of what is left behind. Well young boy today is the day that Obama is announcing his run for the presidency. He is part of us, from Kenya and from Kansas. Your parents and I are excited about this hope and promise.

When your mother was your age, we watched the Nixon impeachment and watergate hearings in disgust...after the loss of so many our bitterness was internalized. So now young boy we have some hope, rediscovery of things wonderful and all things connected.

Know little one how much we love you. The hope of you and a new promise world wide is an absolute blessing.

Grandma