Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Malcolm and Salome Go the ART Museum

I am sorry that I have written so little lately. I have had some technical glitches that unfortunately have not allowed me to download pictures for months. I have them all, just not on the computer. I think that I have almost gotten the problem worked out, I know which memory cards I need. Now I just need a little extra cash.

We took Malcolm and Salome to the Art Museum this weekend. They have a family day once a month for kids with lots of activities. This was Malcolm's first time and the theme was music. It was a big hit. Salome also did enjoy the peaceful atmosphere as she stared at all the people and colorful objects, but there were no naps to be had on her part.

I thought that the Native American exhibit was one of the most amazing things I had seen. I loved all the totems and carving of the tribes of the Pacific Northwest. Nathaniel and I really enjoying wandering that part together. By that time Malcolm had gone off with Curtis to hear the storytelling, and Grandma was covertly buying birthday presents in the Gift Shop.

It feels like we are finally settling into a new rhythm in our new home. A new year has begun, and a new term. I thankfully passed my Biostats class and am now enthralled with my International Health class. Baba Malcolm will soon return from a six week trip from Kenya to assist his ailing family members and I am sure some readjusting will need to be had again, but things are going better overall.

Salome is so close to crawling, and she is now eating sweet potatoes, baby cereal and avocado in addition to mama's milk. I am so in love with my baby, proud of my son and blessed to have my family. We are full of flaws, but I would not trade the fierce love of the people within these walls for the world!

No comments: