Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Perfect Manifestation of Motherhood

Well everyone, I have officially discovered the mama-o-sphere, that is the mama-oriented blogosphere and I am hooked. As much as I used to write these blogs in my most blissed out moments of motherhood (of which there are many actually) I find the more realistic, honest and sarcastic mama blogs a little comforting. This is because I somehow can not manage to fulfill my destiny as the perfect mama.

A week or so ago one of my friends said he was going to seek out a Superwoman outfit for me. Now I see what he had in mind. So let me share with you all what I am striving to be for my little Malcolm, and my husband, and the world.

  • I want to be the mama that can somehow afford and manage to provide her little one with all the attention and love he needs with complete patience and understanding.
  • I would like to keep us both on a 100% organic diet and not succumb to the temptation of the television when he is around and I am tired.
  • I would love to clothe him in noncorporate, organic clothes with no obnoxious corporate logos.
  • I would like to be more organized and more focused at work with no breast pump issues.
  • I would like to be extremely effective with the campaign I am working on at work.
  • I would like to be able to do all of the things on this list while keeping a clean house.
  • I would like to be a better friend and more involved in my church
  • I would like to be a great wife to my husband
  • I would like to protect us all from being wounded by racism
  • I would like to be able to accomplish all these things while looking stylish and tropical.
  • Oh yea, did I mention fixing the schools in Portland before Malcolm is old enough for Kindergarten?

My mind knows that this unreasonable, but I keep trying because I just feel that is what my men deserve. I also see really put together mamas who look beautiful. Can anyone tell me their secret please?

By the way everyone, I have Uncle N working on the camera. Hopefully it will still recover from its trip to the ocean. Keep up all the commentary I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wonderful daughter who is striving to be a perfect mother...

I just do not know what perfection is; but I do know what love, generouisity and commitment are. You already have them, just watch you grow. Your values and your intention is so beautiful; you will be effective. The struggle between wanting to change our world and being a single person is so universal, I love you for taking on the struggle. To remain physically beautiful, please take time for yourself and hug yourself from time to time. Grandma

musemoon said...

Diddo Grandma....love yourself, hug yourself and you will be beautiful....sleep deprived, overwhelmed and exhausted, but hot...hot...hot!!! :-) Love makes you beautiful.

Wanting all the things you want :-) will bring them to your little one and your hubby. Striving for the best will bring it to them. And a mistake or hiccup in the plan now and then...will only make them laugh.

Don't forget to laugh....it makes the world funny...it makes the world fun!