Friday, September 29, 2006

Still Growing

Malcolm is doing so many things that I am in just in awe. It is like an explosion of growth. He is so curious and explorative. He is crawling up a storm, but he really likes to stand up. Today at his baby playgroup he stood up, leaned on a crate and actually walked pushing it for three steps before falling down. I wanted to jump up and down and declare it a miracle, but no one really seemed to notice. Everyone thought it was very ordinary. It is funny to me how people think that all these things are normal and I am astonished as if seeing a magical act. The reality is that it is both ordinary and completely miraculous. How great it is in the midst of all life's stress that we can stop to notice these miracles.

The other thing is Malcolm is so interested in life that he seems to have forgotten all about the bliss of sleeping. He only took one nap the whole day, but then in the evening we want to visit some of our Kenyan friends. With all that Kiswahili swirling around and so many children playing Malcolm just could not stop.

When we came back he seemed to think that a whistle I found was the funniest thing in the world. He started making a funny sound that was like "att, att, att" and laughing. This is all very exciting, he just grows and grows and grows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wonderful daughter,

I suppose I have to confess something. I fell in love with you the first moment I saw you and held you. And, I still am falling in love with you now that you are grown with such wonderful values and such a wonderful parent. You changed me and helped me strive to become a human being....watching you now, helps me recenter to all those things that are cherished..smiles, hugs, a new thing learned, and absolute joy. I am so proud of you and of knowing you. Please, it isn't so long until I am there to hug Malcolm and celebrate with him...please tell him to slow down and then burst forth in those four days!!!!!!!!!!! Grandma