Friday, June 02, 2006

June 2, 2006-My first posting

This is the first posting of my blog. In fact, I have only known what blogs are for a couple of years now, but I feel so filled up with thoughts about my little one I thought I would try it out. Malcolm is actually my son's middle name. His first name is Joshua after his grandfather. Malcolm is middle name is after Malcolm X which is fitting because when he was first born he was fully able to control everyone around him with the smallest little motion.

He is beautiful and brilliant though. I am sure every mother feels that way, but I am awe that he came from us.

Malcolm is just over four months old now, and he has started rolling over. What is much more exciting though is his giggle. Nothing is more exciting than his huky little laughing and those dancing sparkly eyes. That's what really gets me. It doesn't take much to make him giggle. I can just smile at his and he breaks out in giggles, and then I laugh because he is laughing. We can go on like that for hours.

That is pretty cool-that all it takes for him to exude pure joy is just for me to smile at him. Gosh, I wish it was that simple with everyone I love. I try that all the time in the real world. I smile at soldiers, guards, random people on the street and most of the time it seems people are caught up so much in their own mental clouds they don't even notice. It is hard to believe that we were once all babies just waiting for someone to love us so we could smile.

No comments: