Thursday, June 15, 2006

Nature's Child





Last weekend we spent most of our time in parks. This child loves trees! Have I said that before? It's true, and I love that motherhood forces me to stop and slow down and notice the way the leaves blow or go and roll around in the park. It's like once this little one emerged out of me I was ready to go play. Maybe it is just the seratonin in the breastmilk, but even though this can be very hard and I can't figure out how to eat or keep things balanced in my life I am just so in love with this being!

Malcolm is funny, and interactive, and giggly and social. He is fascinated with other children and lets them hang on him, talk to him or ignore him. Sometimes though I can put him on our bed and he will just stare out the window and look at the leaves. I wonder what he thinks about them. You can just see him watch them move. I think that he will be like his father-very, very social but at times slip off somewhere to contemplate things quietly.

Babies are addictive. God knew just what he was doing when he made them, and Malcolm's little spirit knew what he was doing when he chose us. Don't worry though I haven't forgotten that I need to struggle to fund schools or save orphans in Kenya. The difference is when things look bleak out there in the world I pick up my baby and we go watch leaves, roll around in the grass, and slobber on each other.


Here are some pictures of my little organically grown future leader. I am also including some new ones of him and Uma. We went to Uma's mama's birthday party and the two starting rolling into each other and actually holding hands! They really did hold hands-although Malcolm was usually the one reaching for Uma's, but we are going to avoid gender stereotypes because my little boy is going to be sensitive, empathetic and loving with women-just like his daddy-right?

No comments: