Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Laws of Babyhood

You have heard perhaps of the laws of science? Here are the laws and equations of babyhood...

What goes in must come out ....usually through as many openings as possible
breast+baby=poop


Hold out for more to come. I will have a posting soon on the politics of mothering.

Here are some of the milestones that Malcolm has met

rolling-he rolled off the couch when I was nursing today
giggling
standing in crawling position with head up
playing and interacting with rattles and other toys
alert
tracking'
cooing
he loves the word gee. I think maybe he is trying to say ghee and we should call him butter boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear daughter,

Poop and all other specimans are a constant for mothers. Do you remember how angry you were when I posted this note on our refrigerator? "if it poops, eats and doesn't work--it can't live here?" You were about 9 years old and full of cats, dogs and other critters. As your mom, and after nine years of bodily functions, I lost it...I take it all back now. Malcolm can come live me anytime! I miss those moments and I am so pleased you are enjoying every one of them. And when he is nine, and when you feel like you are going to mold from secretions and/or come apart from finding your work clothes full of stuff (animal hairs, kid barf) just post a note blessing your family. I love you. Mom